The goal of any eLearning profession is to make content that is engaging, easy to digest, and insightful. But unfortunately, it is easier said than done. Having content that’s engaging, insightful, and easy to digest is the goal of any eLearning professional. It is difficult for the subjects that are particularly technical in nature or those that require the dissemination of high-level information into bite-sized chunks.
No matter what type of subject you choose to develop your content there are always chances to make it more engaging, user-friendly, and fun. You can use the following strategies to make the eLearning content engaging and interesting and with these strategies, e-content development can be effective.
- At first learn who are your target audience and then build a concept. You have the risk of not getting anywhere in eLearning content development without analyzing the target audience. The better you understand who your target audience is the better you will be able to understand which type of education material you need to deliver. Primary goals and objectives are needed to keep in mind while making content. All students enroll in a course with the hope of gaining specific goals. They can be achieved only when you understand what your students want to gain and accordingly you build content that satisfies those aspirations and goals.
Learners’ educational background is also a crucial part of making content. Students’ existing knowledge is known to you, you can teach accordingly. If you let’s say are teaching animation that would say that you are already aware of the fact that they know 3D techniques. Then you can make more advanced content as it is unlikely that your students would need to learn basic 3D techniques. Thus, the learner’s educational background will help you determine accurately the content of your eLearning material. deepdotweb coadmin to prison
When where and how a student consumes the content is also are very important questions. They influence your content. For example, if students are to study your course in public you should have a text version of audio and video material.
- The subject matter experts (SME) have the necessary expertise to create courses as they know and understand what students want to see. Creating quality content is a time-consuming task so you should always check and find an SME who is not in any current project. Strict deadlines can also lower the quality of content created so always give ample amount of time to SME to create the best possible content.
- The next step should be drawing up an intuitive learning structure. The meaning of eLearning content development is not just about research, writing text, creating videos, and making presentations. It also consists of making the thoughtful structure of all contents and making assessments. Separate modules should be organized for content that answers a specific question and solves specific problems. While creating eLearning content keep in mind the pace and progression. When creating content, the first topic of it should be devoted to knowledge that creates the foundation for further delving into the subject. The foothold of the preceding knowledge should be strong to build a foundation of the subject the content is about. You can add training materials with various quizzes, assignments, and tests. This will help the targeted mass of people practice the knowledge. The last step would be an assessment of the knowledge which will affect the overall result of the course.
- While starting eLearning content development one should remember that all students are different and they perceive the teaching material differently. For example, some students remember charts and table format better and some would be more comfortable in video format. To make content more interesting for eLearning you can use the following types of content like training videos, dialogue stimulation, eLearning games, quizzes, and slide presentations. Using these methods during eLearning content development will ensure the course be always fresh and reachable to more audience.
- You can implement active learning in your content to make it more effective. Active learning includes active discussions, role play, case studies, and other techniques which engage students to actively discuss and engage in the learning process. It actively increases the value and uniqueness of the content. For example, let’s assume your course is for new support workers for a company. You can implement a small role play task in your module in which one plays the role of a client and another plays the role of the support staff. This will allow the students to understand the real-life scenario and act accordingly. This will significantly diversify the learning process. The above example is a good option for active learning and with a good imagination, its elements can be incorporated into any course.
- It is very important to keep the e-content short, simple, and yet of high quality. If you make content that consumes a lot of time you risk losing students’ attention. If you make it too short you may miss out on the essential or critical thought. Experts say that the length of an online course should be in between 15 to 30 minutes. Now the question is, how to include all materials into such a strict time frame? You can just include only content that is necessary to achieve learning outcomes. Also, do not forget about the quality of the e-content. You can ask and expert to take a fresh look at the eLearning content. Proofreading will get rid of unnecessary elements in your content. To roll out flawless eLearning content all these are necessary.
There are e learning content development companies that can help you with the development of e-content. Whether you are in the initial stage or you are simply looking to make the setup you have made better, they can help you with that. But if you are embarking on the content development process on your own the best place to start is by defining what the objective is , with which you can come to a starting point.