Have you ever wondered what car maintenance is? If so, have you ever wondered why it’s important to do? Well, there are all sorts of reasons. First, your car will last longer if you take care of it; second, it will look cleaner and better overall with coatings like ceramic paint protection in Brisbane; and thirdly, if you follow the suggestions in this article, you’ll save yourself some money in the long run!
You should wash your car every week during the summer, but only if it’s not raining or humid outside. If you have a driveway, you can dry your car by hand. However, if it’s raining and/or humid out, then it’s best to leave your car in the garage and allow it to dry naturally.
Washing your car at home using a bucket and hose can be effective.
- First, fill several buckets with water until they’re full (you’ll need roughly 10 gallons).
- Add soap into one of these buckets and mix well until no lumps are left in the water. This will help remove dirt from your vehicle more efficiently than just plain water alone would do on its own.
- Then spray down all sides of the vehicle with this soapy mixture using another sprayer filled with plain water. Wait 30 seconds before repeating this step but use only soap this time around (don’t forget about those tires!).
- After applying two coats over each side of all four tires and undercarriage areas such as exhaust pipes where dirt tends to get stuck quickly.
- Spray the soapiness out once every inch of the car is covered in lather. Use the steps for patting it dry as above, But if the dirt is too hard to clean, you may use a pressure washer for it. You may read articles online on how to wash car with pressure washer if you are not familiar with it.
Protect the Paint
To protect the paint, you have a couple of options. If done correctly, you can use ceramic paint protection that will last for years. You can also apply paint protection kits once or twice annually to keep your car looking its best.
To apply the coating correctly, you’ll need to thoroughly wash and dry all areas of the vehicle before applying any sealant or polish. Then, using clean towels or an applicator pad (depending on what kind of kit you bought), spread a thin layer of wax over each section until it’s completely covered in a clear coat.
After allowing it to dry for about 20 minutes (or following instructions from the manufacturer), buff it with another towel to ensure there are no streaks or smudges left behind. You’ll need both hands free at this point. Repeat as necessary until all surfaces have been coated thoroughly with sealant/polish/wax. Remember not to put too much on at once because some areas require multiple coats while others only need one application.
For best results, consider getting the job done by experts in ceramic paint protection in Brisbane.
Prevent Rust from Coming Back
It’s essential to deal with rust promptly. If you find rust on your car, don’t wait for it to spread; get rid of it as quickly as possible.
The first step is clearing the rust from your car’s body parts. This can be done using an electric wire brush purchased at any hardware or auto parts store. Next, you’ll want to use a sanding block and fine-grit sandpaper (150-grit) to remove any remaining rust before applying paint remover and primer to prevent the remaining areas from rusting again.
If you take care of your car, it will last for years. A well-maintained vehicle looks good and runs smoothly.
Also Read About – A guide to bike accessories